Sunday, December 6, 2009

Are you experienced? An idea for living

Wheew,

I'm a 25 year old guy and I don't know everything yet! One thing I have recently learned is that life is an experience. Maybe you're not experiencing what you want and you long for something else.

And you long for it and keep thinking only of the future, of the time when you'll have that experience. So you negate your current experience and the people you are currently around and say it's not very important because it's not what you want. But I'd like to say that this attitude, which I had, is insane.

It's insane because of this: you are on the sidelines, watching your own life, trying to edit your own life. Instead of being there and experiencing what you do have and who you're with, you're out here thinking how much better something else would be.

I think a better viewpoint would be: What is good about what I'm experiencing? And how much can I learn from the people I'm currently with?

Life is a series of moments. Every day is a unit of your overall life. Did the current unit (today) live up to your expectations? Maybe not, but were you there to live it? Maybe if you were it would have gone better.

I believe it's better to immerse yourself in life than to withdraw and watch from the sidelines.


Until next time,
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment